Saturday, January 11, 2014

Our Israel Trip

So... I haven't been able to blog nearly as much as I would like on this trip. Part of the reason is that I have been helping my son, Luke, with his blog, which is an assignment for school while he's here. So if you want an update on the trip, check out Luke's Blog of Awesomeness. The internet is really slow in our hotel, which makes it hard to do a great deal of blogging. 

A large part of the group will leave for the States this evening. A few of us are staying for a four-day extension in Jordan. It's been a great trip, though the weather delays in the U.S. have presented us with our fair share of challenges. We've had to rearrange much of the program. Still, I think the students and leaders have all learned a great deal and have grown both spiritually and intellectually. 

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading Luke's blog and remembering our own trip to the Holy Land back in the early 90's. We also visited St. George's Monastery in the Wadi Qelt! I think that was my favorite. We hiked from the monastery to somewhere (Jericho, maybe?). The wadi, of course, was dry but the path was still above it on a narrow ledge. Wouldn't do that today, though!

    ReplyDelete