Friday, May 4, 2012

New UM Certification Course: Ministry with People with Disabilities

A few years ago I received a message from Bishop Peggy Johnson regarding seminary offerings related to ministry with people with disabilities. While I had done research in this area, United, like many other schools, was lacking with regard to educational offerings in this area. This fall I will teach a course called Disability, the Bible, and the Church, using Amos Yong's book with a very similar title as the primary textbook. Bishop Johnson has kindly agreed to produce a video for the course and to have discussion with us via Skype. 


This course is being folded into a brand new United Methodist certification in Ministry with People with Disabilities. I am very pleased that my seminary is working to provide education regarding this much-neglected area in the life of the church. 

No comments:

Post a Comment